Well there is a lot to share so let’s get to it:
- We had a smooth ride into Vancity yesterday…we stopped off in Surrey…grabbed our lunch in a food court and then we all made our way over to Hjorth Park where we had a refreshig swim!
- We safely made it to our ministry site at approx. 5:30pm. We unpacked, set up our sleeping areas and then made our way to the dining area for our supper. Supper consisted of salad with all the fixin’s plus chicken, mac and cheese, beans and a variety of buns and beverages! What more can you ask for….(oh yeah air conditioning!! It was crazy hot yesterday!! Let’s just say that last nights sleep was rather uncomfortable – there is nothing better than sleeping in your sweat)
- After supper we had our leaders meeting and orientation plus the kids got together for their guidelines for living session.
- After all the formalities we had Club…which is a time of fun games, sharing what God is doing, singing, laughing, hearing from God’s Word.
- We then broke up into our big church group and had a great debriefing session followed by a life group time which gave our leaders an opportunity to go a little deeper with their students.
- Finally it was GNITE TIME….at 11pm the lights were turned off and we attempted to get some sleep…”attempted” being the key word!
- This morning Mike and his crew got up at 6:30am…yes that’s AM – to prepare breakfast for the entire crew.
- The rest of us rolled off our mats at around 7am – and made our way over to the dining area. We consumed a ton of food and then had a short devotional time to prepare for our day.
- Finally our ministry groups assembled and we gathered to pray….here is where the life groups are today:
Karen Savinkoff – Oppenheimer Park…chillin with the homeless.
Dee Tucker – Making cookies for all the ministry sites.
Rolanda & Brit – work projects at Ruth Morton Baptist Church
Mike Bryce – Making cookies and lunches for the homeless
Mike Enns – Fransiscan Sisters of Atonement…making pack lunched for the homeless
Alvin – Ward Memorial Day Camp
Ben and James – Mission Possible / preparing lunches for the hungry. Plus ther is lots of us walking around Hastings picking up garbage and talking to the people who live here.
So there you have it! Continue to pray for safety and for health. It was so cool to see our students this morning loving on the people of this community – when I looked into their eyes all I could see was Jesus!!
Be blessed and we will check in tomorrow!
Pastor G <><<