1. Blog at least three X a week.
So far so good…I’m actually kind of surprised that I have things to say on a weekly basis (could be that I am reading like mad!!)
2. Read and finish at least 2 books a month.
Okay…seriously…I am devouring books at this point. Here is what I’ve read thus far in 2009;
Goodbye Generation – 2.5out of 5 stars…not great…not bad! I enjoyed the Canadian perspective.
5 Dysfunctions of Team – 4.5 out of 5 Great book…I love the format. Great story that brings the functions out into the light.
Presentation Zen – 4 out of 5 Great read…awesome presentation ideas! Powerpoint is not dead!
Youth Ministry 3.0 – 5 out of 5…great history of the evolution of youth ministry! Profound, groundbreaking all in one! Probably the most important youth ministry book to be written since Doug Fields “Purpose Driven Youth Ministry”. Careful youth workers/pastors …this book will mess with your head (in a good way of course)
Pagan Christianity – 4.5 out of 5 This book is a must read for anyone who lives by the old church saying, “but it’s always been done that way.” It is definitely controversial and too some very offensive…but I loved it!!
3. Build a non-churched friendship with at least 4 people.
Have 3 friends that I am loving on right now…
5. Leave stress at work…work in progress
6. Get Fit…Don’t want to talk about it!!…I have to stop making excuses…and get back on the Turbo Jam wagon!
7. Pursue Simplicity…work in progress
8. Sensitivity to divine appointments…I’ve had some amazing appointments as of recent (I’ll share them at a later date)
9. Go back to school. …no $ / no time!
10. Stay with it….the good, the bad and the ugly…that pretty much wraps up the first month.