That is the question we are trying to answer as a youth ministry…we’ve seen the stats, we’ve interviewed the educated, we’ve read all the books…and still we are not totally sure where to start?
We have some great ideas and together they sound groundbreaking – but then again that’s all they are – they are ideas!
The question becomes about implementation and truly starting a life changing movement with the Holy Spirit leading the charge. This video clip has given me great inspiration as of late;
Here are a few thing s that Carlos Whittaker had to say about this very subject (in relation to this video)
A few things I think we can learn from this video.
1. One man can start a movement.
2. A movement need not be started by the most skilled member of the movement.
3. When beginning your movement and you look around and no one else is joining the dance, just keep dancing.
4. When the one guy who joins your movement slowly fades away, keep going.
5. Before you know it, the people joining your movement won’t even know you started it.
6. When your movement takes a life of it’s own, just let go. There will be no stopping it.
7. The very people who are staring at you like your nuts as you movement alone, will be the very same people dancing the hardest in the end.
– Carlos Whittaker (pastor at Northpoint Community – Buckhead Campus)