Looking back over many years of ministry of teaching students – I must admit “I WAS WRONG”….
I was wrong…
- to think that kids cant grasp deep concepts
- not to involve kids in planning / implementation
- when it came to seeing them as my subordinates
- to think they are apathetic…and could basically care less
- to believe they don’t have God-given dreams and passions
It took me 15 years in this vocation to figure out…that the kids I work with have the ability and potential to teach me more than I can teach them.
When will youth ministries (along with the church) wake up and realize the students we are catering too…want to teach, lead, dream and change this world. They are tired of the talking head telling them – “you can make a difference”…but never giving them the opportunity!
Watch this inspiring/challenging message from Adora Svitak. Let me know what you think?