The big “V” day is over…or those without that special someone “Single Awareness Day” is done 🙂
Who knew that….
- 52% of men propose on Valentine’s Day
- 10% Of North Americans get engaged on Valentines Day
- The top selling perfume on valentine’s day is Chanel #5
- There are approx 1 billion valentines sent each year all over the world
- The most popular recipients of Valentine’s Day cards are Teachers
- 53% of women will dump their boyfriends if they don’t give them anything on Valentines’ Day
- 3% of people give their pets a Valentine’s Day Present
- Average amount spent on valentine’s day gifts is $90
Outside of this “ONCE A YEAR” special day…how much time do we focus on our marriages? The distractions of life so easily rock us to sleep – that which is most important to us is put on the back burner.
I see it in the eyes and actions of young couples preparing for their marriage day. All there $, resources, time and energy are often put into the “ONE DAY” celebration we call the Wedding day. Then they wake up the next morning realizing the “FUN” is over and the “WORK” is about to begin.
Marriage is work…..but anything worth having takes work doesn’t it?
Check out the video below of a satirical look at Marriage and a great tag team message of the realities of marriage.